How to Organize a Session
Organized sessions are a great way to bring distant colleagues together to discuss current research and to advance the field. Anyone interested in the advancement of geography may organize one or more session(s) for the AAG Annual Meeting.
Use the Session Gallery, AAG Knowledge Communities, external listservs, and other channels of communication to publicize your session to potential participants.
Organize your session(s)
1. Have your session participants register for the Annual Meeting, submit an abstract if necessary, and provide you with their 8-digit program identification number (PIN)
2. Log in to the abstract and session submission console
3. Click “New Session” and follow the onscreen prompts to submit the appropriate session type
4. Click "Save and Submit"
5. Check for confirmation via email that your session has been submitted
6. Your session (and Call for Papers, if applicable) will now be visible in the Session Gallery.
7. If you find that you need to edit your session, you may do so by returning to the submission console any time before the final editing deadline (February 21, 2020). However, it is imperative that all participants be added to your session before the session organization deadline (November 20, 2019).