Your privacy is very important to us, so we have developed these privacy practices to explain how we collect and make use of personal information. This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for the AAG websites (aag.org, www2.aag.org), and applies solely to the information collected by the AAG websites.
- We collect personal information with the knowledge or consent of the individual.
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email, the website, or other direct contact from you.
- We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request (for example: ship an order, prepare for your attendance at the annual meeting, etc.)
- Orders: we request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address), and financial information (like credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we experience trouble processing an order, then we will use this information to contact you.
- Meeting Registrations: we request information from you on our meeting registration form. To register for our meeting, you must provide contact information (like name and address), and financial information (like credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to register you for the meeting. Your contact information is also used by our abstract management system (Open Water) if you submit an abstract for a poster or paper. Your contact information will be used by session managers and planners to schedule your presentation. If we have questions regarding your registration, then we will use this information to contact you.
- Member Directory: the online Member Directory is to facilitate communication between members. Members are responsible for the security of the information that they access through the Member Directory, and must not share their login information.
- Cookies and Web Beacons: In order to help enhance the performance and functionality of the website, we utilize session, persistent and third-party “cookies” that store a small piece of data on a users’ computers and collect certain information about the users’ visit to our site. We also use web beacons (either directly or from our partners) to determine if a user has visited a particular website.
- Personalized Ads: The AAG uses analytics data and tracking pixels to serve remarketing ads based on a user's prior visits to our website. Site visitors may opt out of personalized ads on Google services and Facebook by adjusting the Ad Settings of their Google and Facebook accounts. Users can also review how AAG serves remarketing ads (and can opt out of being tracked) by visiting https://privacy.feathr.co/.
The AAG reserves the right to offer either an opt in or opt out option depending on the situation and the type of information being collected. The AAG might be unable to provide services for which such information is needed for security and/or identification purposes