Submit Your Abstract
How do I submit an abstract?
Anyone interested in the advancement of geography may submit an abstract to the AAG Annual Meeting. The AAG accepts all submitted abstracts and organized sessions for presentation.
1. Register for the conference
2. Visit the abstract and session submission console
3. Select "Submit an Abstract"
4. Select the appropriate abstract type for your presentation
5. Follow the onscreen prompts and formatting guidelines listed below
6. Click "Save and Submit" (note: abstracts that are saved but not submitted cannot be organized into sessions)
7. Check for confirmation via email that your abstract has been submitted
AAG recommends submitting your abstract early to ensure you are placed in a session appropriate for your presentation topic. You may edit your submitted abstract until the posted abstract editing deadline (typically in February). Keep in mind that your abstract will have been placed into a session by session organizers or the Program Committee well before then.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your abstract, it can be placed into a session through one of the below methods. Once you have been added to a session, you will see the session listed in your submission console.
For Paper and Lightning Paper abstracts, you may
a) organize a session around the topic of your own presentation; or
b) communicate with an organizer about joining their session via the contact information listed in the Session Gallery; or
c) wait for your abstract to be added to a session by the Program Committee. This typically happens in late November.
For Poster and Guided Poster abstracts, please see the Posters page for more information.
a) communicate with a session organizer or the program committee about joining a topical poster session or competition; or
b) wait for your abstract to be added to a session by the Program Committee. This typically happens in early February.